Thursday, November 15, 2007

115 - Limited Escapism: To Cure A Hangover

Oh yeah baby, it is out!



10 minutes and 29 seconds of totally incomprehensible artistic crap about a certain orc warlock's journey to find a cure to a horrifying hangover..

Featuring voice acting by me, Nyhm and Olibith - each of us to our own native language. Subtitled for those who do not have a high language skill rating.

Nyhm going WTF


Olibith in TrollForm - unfortunately he did not get to eat any gnomes this time or sell weird itams to a certain dwarf..


Me and my favourite hobby




If you look close enough, you might see references to vibration and noggaholism in the movie.

Click here and vote for me!

(note: there might be some other contestants, but you did not realize that you could vote for them too - muahahaha!)


But wait, that's not all! I managed to get myself a kick-ass soundtrack.

Majority of the songs I used are from the OCRemix site - you can use their songs in your movies (the site terms say this) as long as the movies are not commercial and you credit the author(s) and OCRemix.

Also, I have some Finnish and Norwegian talent on the movie. I asked these guys to let me use their music and they agreed.

Zoned
A short segment his song "Urban Assault" can be heard in the intro of "A Gnome Called Nikita 2". A moody little piece, perfect for the spot.

Byproduct
I just love the retrobleep sounds from ancient games. When they are mixed with modern electronic music sounds, you get some really great stuff. When I heard Byproduct's music I just had to ask him to let me use his music. Byproduct's song "Vector" can be heard in the Nikita section too.

Charayana
The song "Liberation" by Charayana was released three years ago. It was then and still is a really amazing piece of vocal trance. One of the best, if not the best free trance songs available. Using it in my movie was truely a great honor since I just love that track.



I will write the "making of" about this movie when the contest is over.

6 Comments:

At November 15, 2007 at 5:34 AM , Blogger Snobaste said...

Oh, and one more thing about the music choices!:

I absolutely love OCRemix, have every single track, it's all so awesome.

And, I've had Liberation for a long time but never actually listened to it... WOW, just WOW! Definitely the best free trance tune I've heard :)

 
At November 16, 2007 at 12:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a really great work!!! it will win for sure :)

 
At November 16, 2007 at 6:29 PM , Blogger Vilaeryn said...

Great work and awesome music ! Nice collaboration on the voices, I thought it was a brilliant idea! Good luck with the contest!

Kake buk island, lawls! Naughty boy, I luv it.^^

 
At February 24, 2008 at 2:45 PM , Blogger Larry "Liontamer" Oji said...

It was cool to see the OC ReMix tracks integrated into the video, though I had to do a little extra searching to find it: http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=50254

Thanks a lot for properly crediting the OC ReMixes within the video, Baron, we definitely appreciate it, and I'm sure the individual artists do as well!

Larry "Liontamer" Oji
Head Submissions Evaluator, OverClocked ReMix
Creator, VG Frequency
http://www.ocremix.org
http://www.vgfrequency.com

 
At February 24, 2008 at 9:40 PM , Blogger BaronSoosdon said...

@ Larry: Great to hear that the OC Remix people liked it!


I will some day make a sequel to this movie and I'll definitely use OC music then as well.

 
At November 11, 2008 at 8:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home