Saturday, April 5, 2008

183 - Weekend Side Project

Allrighty then, a little preview pic of a side project I'm currently working on. This machinima is relatively fast to make compared to the others in progress, so I thought why not.

And why yes, here we go! I blame Vesta for putting that song playing in my head.

I played it on repeat during a Karazhan raid and the little voices in my head told me that you must machinimate this!


The plan is to complete the whole thing during this weekend.

Update 2: the project file is halfway now, and a new pic:


Update 3: mechanical murlox!


Update 4: Almost all done! Colourization finished, next step is to add credits + a few little tweaks. Here's two colourized pics:



Update 5: Done now, starting the render in a few minutes. I'm not yet sure when I'll release it to the big public, prolly after ..an other movie by a certain french gnome :P Most likely I can't resist myself.. the fine people at #machinima will get to see it definitely :)

One last preview pic:


Last but not least, this was a damn fun machinima to make. It actually took more effort than I expected, I hope you all like it :)


Update 6:

I did render the vid over night, everything went well except it didn't. The current version has one epic fail typo and the artist's name is totally wrong (this was not my fault, it was wrong in the id3 tag of the MP3 file I originally got).

However, I uploaded the video to GameTube before realizing the error. I won't post the link here now because I really don't want a version full of faill to be spread round the net. If you want to see the current version, come to #machinima @ Quakenet IRC and I'll give you the link.

The corrected version will be rendered today.

Update 7: Added a new intro to the movie which explains more about the backgrounds. Also some little tweaks here and there had to be made.


Njet, it is not Nik.

5 Comments:

At April 6, 2008 at 11:42 AM , Blogger - Aske said...

rofl at mechanical murlocs :P
This looks interesting for sure.

I know the feeling where you get a song into your head, and you cant resist to make a machinima with it.
And most of the time, these kind of ideas turns out great :)

 
At April 6, 2008 at 3:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

GUYS LOL HE GOT THE PORTAL GUN FROM MMOWNED

 
At April 7, 2008 at 2:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved it :P

I was about to feature it on the main page of GameTube ; do you want me not to and wait for the final release?

Just tell me ^^

 
At April 7, 2008 at 2:54 AM , Blogger BaronSoosdon said...

Titio: Don't feature the current version on the site. Actually you can delete it, I'll upload the new one tomorrow morning.

 
At April 7, 2008 at 11:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okey dokey! :-)
Changing it now!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home