Friday, June 29, 2007

030 - SECOND PLACE!!! w00t!! (includes also a making of)


Woot woot woot!

I just got an e-mail from machinima.com that I have gotten to second place in the music video making contest. This took me by total surprise since when the votes were going on, I was 3rd. But no way in hell I'm complaining :D

Thanks to everyone who voted and grats to fellow winners!

One of the coolest thing in this contest was the voting. Everyone got to rate every movie. That was a good idea compared to the more traditional "pick your favourite". Now it was possible to have more than one favourite :)

So let's get to the making of!

When I heard the three songs available, I knew this was it. The imagery about the story and the plotline slowly started to flow my mind. The original version of the story for the video was much more darker and even more tragic, but I had to scrap it since there were only three minutes to use.

I also wanted parts of the story to happen in the viewers mind. The video moves jumps in time and you get to fill the empty spots yourselves :)

Before someone back there shouts 'Sequel!' I'm gonna say no. Unless of course an other song comes along which tells the story on, but currently I'm happy for what it is.

I gotta quote Silet from Myndflame forums here: "If the viewers enjoyed your work, as well as yourself, then you succeeded at making a good Machinima."




edit: Bah! Forgot some little things called links. Here you go:

5 Comments:

At June 30, 2007 at 5:03 AM , Blogger Snobaste said...

Congrats man! Now your comp will be even more IMBA with a nice shiny new nVIDIA card! :D

 
At July 2, 2007 at 12:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Downloading it at the moment. I also had a lot of fun reading the comments about Lol, Lightwell on WoWinsider, precious few people could appreciate the movie for what it is :)

But I, perfect little fanboi that I am, still lub it!

take care
Tarabulus

 
At July 2, 2007 at 4:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY MAN HAD TO FIND YOU i saw your video and DAMN MAN IT WAS SO FRIGGIN SWEET. SO I HAD TO FIND YOU AND GIVE YOU SOME MAJOR PROPS FOR IT. I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT AND SO DID ALL MY COWORKERS. GREAT JOB. FIND ME ONLINE SOMETIME!

~PERRINS~
DRAENOR

 
At July 3, 2007 at 1:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gratz maybe a little bit late, but saw the movie on Warcraftmovies and thought lets check your blog... and surprice surprice.

=D
Second place gratz.

Long shadow

 
At July 8, 2007 at 1:46 AM , Blogger 2ndKrueger said...

a big congratz from me, i really love you movies! hope you will make a movie for the blizzcon competition aswell :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home