Tuesday, April 22, 2008

192 - Graphics macros for WoW!

This isn't anything new anymore. There's a couple of macros circling around the net which improve the graphical thingies of WoW.

I got mine from WorldofRaids.

UPDATE!!

I made a little video about the macro, clickclick to download!

Pictures:

High setting


Low setting



Stream


And the macros are..

For higher quality:
/console farclip 777
/console horizonfarclip 6226
/console groundeffectdensity 256
/console groundeffectdist 140
/console smallcull 0
/console skycloudlod 3
/console characterambient 0

For lower quality:
/console groundEffectDensity 16
/console groundEffectDist 1
/console horizonfarclip 1305
/console farclip 177
/console characterAmbient 1
/console smallcull 1
/console skycloudlod 1
/console detailDoodadAlpha 1


So what do they actually do? Quoting World of Raids:

• The vegetation can be seen from miles away (grass flowers etc) plus there seems to be FAR more of it.
• The "bloom" effect seems to be more vivid.
• The view distance is greatly increased.
• Everything seems to be more sharp and crisp.
• The weather effects appear to be more intense.

4 Comments:

At April 22, 2008 at 11:37 PM , Blogger Vilaeryn said...

That is very sex ! =P

I have to try that as soon as I get home form work. I am currently leveling my baby NE hunter in STV and it will make that zone so much more interesting for me.

and yes I did say NE ..ugh the Alliance has infected me.

 
At April 23, 2008 at 1:15 AM , Blogger Rachelle said...

Yeah, I've been using that on my game recently. I LOVE the extra weeds and stuff. It makes the game seem more realistic (to the extent that WoW can be realistic, that is. I wouldn't compare it to games that go heavy on the realism factor)

That being said, the
/console characterambient 0
command that you use. If you don't add the 0, it actually takes away MORE light. (got that off the journal). apparently 0 gives you some character lighting but if you do
/console characterambient
you won't get any light on any of the character models. (Other than the game lighting) I'm particular fond of the characterambient setting and just wish I didn't have to do it every time I load the game. I wish Bliz would put more of these options in their video settings.

 
At April 23, 2008 at 2:55 AM , Blogger BaronSoosdon said...

music-chan: Thanks! I gotta try that out too! The character lighting thing sounds very interesting for machinimas.


vilaeryn: A Nelf? How could you! Oh come on, roll a gnome or go home ;)

 
At April 23, 2008 at 3:15 AM , Blogger Vilaeryn said...

BS: "A Nelf? How could you! Oh come on, roll a gnome or go home ;)"

But...But..But DADDY!!! ^^

Gnomies can't be huntards, otherwise I might have turned to the darkside and rolled a roach err I mean a gnome.

Besides, if I rolled a gnome, I wouldn't be able to partake of the grrwrrrbrrrhmm goodness that is the Gnovibrator. =P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home