Friday, March 5, 2010

Something that's not going to be machinima!

Something REALLY different this time - I've taken a non-machinima video as one of my side projects and also as a part of this "reinventing the stuff I make"-thing.

A music video is the best way to start, and the music is this:




It's a mash-up of the Oasis song Wonderwall and Myon & Shane 54's Helpless.

Plans always change, but the initial plan is to create this by only using my camera, Photoshop and After Effects. I'm going to avoid using any machinima or game related stuff in it. But as ideas develop on the way, who knows what'll happen!




The style of the video is very similar to The Device Has Been Modified - as the lyrics of the song play out, the words and letters are synced to them.

I have no timetable on this, as this is a sideproject from all things machinima. I also don't expect to finish this anytime soon, since I'm filming it in FullHD and that does punish your machine.

The good thing in all this is that there will be no sick amounts of Fraps files to fill the HDD!

6 Comments:

At March 6, 2010 at 2:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

kewl!

 
At March 6, 2010 at 4:35 AM , Blogger Ricky Lee Grove said...

Looks very cool, Baron. Love the music and the style idea is great. Good luck and glad to see you are expanding into other ways of using your considerable imagination. I'm there

 
At March 6, 2010 at 12:17 PM , Blogger Kate Fosk said...

Hi Soos, I must admit to being a little confused...why get break free of problematic copyright in games machinima, but hang on to tracks made from copyrighted music? There's so much creative commons stuff out there, or bands who would love you to use their material. It seems so much easier and hassle free, and if you are already shifting track this would be the time? -Kate

 
At March 6, 2010 at 4:59 PM , Blogger BaronSoosdon said...

Kate: Well, it's always the same thing with music videos and me - the song chooses itself, I can't do this video with any other song. These things just happen, a song keeps playing in my head and giving ideas - so I gotta create it.

It's totally not a problem for me to use 'free' material as well. Finding the correct stuff is another thing.

 
At March 7, 2010 at 8:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hot teens bound

 
At March 8, 2010 at 12:41 PM , Blogger Kate Fosk said...

Fair comment :), thanks for clarification -Kate

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home