Sunday, June 3, 2007

012 - The making of "Shake That!"

Here's how it went:

1) Target NPC
2) .emote 10
3) Point & Shoot
4) Edit!

All done in one day. No modelviewing at all - private server / emulator FTW in machinimation!

The main thing in a dance video is of course the music. I tried first Darude (his latest track 'Tell Me') and Bomfunk MC's ('Super Electric') but they did not just work. Scooter saves! The thieving germanians (they have 'borrowed' other producers' music without giving credit where credit is due) track 'Shake That' was the perfect fit!

Not too long, not too underground and catchy enough. Voilá.

You too can shake it at warcraftmovies.com!

3 Comments:

At June 4, 2007 at 2:29 PM , Blogger Kasp (Orphans) said...

Hiya.

My name is Kasper and I'm a freelance journalist. Currently I'm working on Swedish one-shot magazine about WoW. I

In this issue we are planing to have something of a beginners guide on how to make Macinima WoW-movies. Obviously we're gonna need help from someone experienced. I looked through your movies and was quite impressed. So, naturally, I'm wondering if you'd be willing to answer some questions about the making of Macinima movies? Everything and anything you could help me with would be great.

Pleas email me if you'd be willing to help me out with some questions, and I'll tell you more about the article in detail.

kasper.nowakowski@gmail.com

Cheers.

/Kasper

 
At June 4, 2007 at 3:33 PM , Blogger Dr Tom said...

Hey man

You got a comment ! With mine, that's 2 people who checked your blog for sure - wuwu.

Since I'm actually posting something, well let me tell you your movies are awesome. I don't know how much time you spend on each, but you gotta make something out of it. Impressive work, keep going.

Oh and one last thing : you can't beat Shepiwot simply cause he got the idea first, but LOL Lightwell was damn funny still. Go go vol. 10.

 
At June 5, 2007 at 8:16 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your movies have been a real inspiration to me. Made a couple in my day but they have all been theme based.. far different than your open ended idea. Im going to stalk your blog now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home